As well as the fantastic fundraising work you’ve been doing in the lead up to Coast Along, there are other ways that you can help, all with a few clicks of a mouse or mobile!
Just chatting about your walk online, on Facebook, Twitter or your blog if you have one, could get your friends interested in WaterAid’s work and help us gain more online supporters. They might even go on to walk next year.
Here are a few things you can do online to get people interested:
Before the event:
1. If you’re on Facebook, why not join the Facebook event here so that all your friends know that you’re walking for water.
2. Also on Facebook (and Twitter too!), why not share a link to your online fundraising page and ask your friends to sponsor you?
3. Make sure you’re following @wateraidevents and @wateraid on Twitter, and Like our WaterAid and WaterAid Events pages on Facebook.
On the day:
1. Take a camera or smartphone with you and post a few pics on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to show your friends what you’re up to! If you do have a smartphone, why not have some fun snapping and uploading images as you walk (subject to having a signal!)
2. If you haven’t used it already, the photo app Instagram is free, easy to use and makes almost any photo look great! Why not download it before you go, and connect it to your Facebook and Twitter accounts, so you’re ready to get sharing some beautiful coastal images. Don’t forget to tag your images #coastalong and #wateraid so people can find them.
3. If you’re on Twitter, use the hashtag #CoastAlong on your updates, so others can find them. Why not have a go at some live tweeting from the walk and get chatting to other walkers using the #CoastAlong tag? And of course, keep an eye on @wateraidevents for the latest info from us on the day!
4. Don’t forget to keep on asking your friends to sponsor you – an image or even video of you on your walk might just spur them into donating…
Finally, don’t forget to stay safe and look where you’re going while using your phone and walking!